IFPS Releases New IHM Study Manual
IFPS has upgradedthe study manual for the industrial hydraulic mechanic certification, and it is now available for test preparation.
Anyone taking the IHM certification test after Sept. 1 will need the new manual, which is free for IFPS members.
Here are some of the new manual’s upgrades:
- The manual contains both the written and job performance portions.
- Full-color photos and graphics that are also available to download
- Principles of operation for common components in industrial hydraulic systems
- Color-coded cutaway illustrations of hydraulic components
- Symbology updated to conform to ISO 1219 standard
- Expanded content on troubleshooting includes decision-tree aids
- Detailed content on pressure, flow, and directional control valves
- Improved graphics and real-life photos to assist in visualization
- Basic hydraulic calculations useful in troubleshooting
- Safety tips
- Basic principles of open loop and closed loop electrohydraulic control
- Electrohydraulic valves
- Sensors used in electrohydraulic systems
For more information, email@example.com visitwww.ifps.org.